Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Please, keep your germs!

Why do people constantly grab stuff off of my desk? My pen, my stapler, my phone??? If they ask at all, they ask after they have already taken whatever it is they wanted. (And besides, how could I tell them no?) The problem is that especially the last few months colds and flu and all kinds of nasty "bugs" have been passing back and forth through the office. It's bad enough that I have to use the same fax machine and copier and pick up little germies from that, but I really wish people wouldn't touch the stuff on my desk.

Last Thursday, one of the girls in my office stood by my desk coughing everywhere and complaining about how sick she was. Then she grabs my pen and says can I borrow this? (As if I could say no- and why would it matter anyway since she had already touched it) Then she puts it back in my pen container, spreading her icky germs all over the rest of my pens. And then she was out sick Friday and Monday. She returned today, but she has no voice. *sigh*

I can't figure out a good way to get my co-workers to stop touching my things without sounding like a complete germ-o-phobe. I just don't want to get sick, simple as that.

Of course, I could have fun with the germ-o-phobe angle. Get lysol and spray it on everything someone touches right in front of them...hand out bottles of hand sanitizer to everyone. Rotate taking Airborne, Zicam and Emergen-C every 30 minutes. Put a big sign over my desk that says "GERMS" with one of those red circle with a slash over it. Heck I could even wear rubber gloves and a mask!

4 Comments:

Blogger Legolas said...

Here's an idea... take your stapler, your pens, and always keep them in your desk except when you use it... then perhaps if they don't see it out, they'll just go elswhere. OR... Sneese/cough on anyone who comes and borrows something... if they get upset just say you are returning the favor.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say take the germ-o-phobe angle, that would be totally fun. Or jsut give people dirty looks, that works well too. Or just be really obsessive nad protective of your stuff. I'm sure you'd rather be germ free and healthy than nice, anyway. :)

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 AM  
Blogger alena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home