Wednesday, August 04, 2004

XM Radio!!

I got an XM Radio for my birthday from my husband! It rules!!
(Okay, okay, so it isn’t quite my birthday yet, but I got part of it early, and the rest of the parts will be arriving any day now.)
It is SO awesome!

I got this one:


We got the car adapter kit so we could hook it up in my car. It is so nice. The sound quality sounds at least as good as a CD, there are no commercials, and the display shows what band and song is playing!! There is also a station that displays the weather and loops the traffic report all day, any time I want it! (Which is a must have in LA traffic)

I am especially excited, as I am in my car over 2 hours every day with my commute to work and back home. My CD collection was getting really boring, and it seems that every station here either plays commercials all day long or some strange music from distant countries (weird stuff, that I don’t want to torture my ears with).

The XM Radio has been such a relief. There are tons of channels to choose from, and I have yet to flip through (with a handy remote control, no less) without finding something I like. I’ve been very pleased with the variety of music available.

The coming soon parts:

Due to the practical design of the dashboard of my car, there isn’t really anyplace good to mount the unit. Luckily, after doing a bit of searching around the internet, we found this:



It looks like it will be perfect in the cup holder! I can’t wait for it to arrive! (hopefully Thursday or Friday this week)

I also decided I was tired of fooling around with streaming audio on my computer at work. (So many hassles, perhaps a topic for another day…) XM radio does have a unit you can buy and attach to your computer, but I decided not to go that route. The least mount of things I have sucking up resources on my computer, the better. So, I decided to get this:



Pretty slick looking, huh?

Besides, I’m already taking the receiver out of my car, so now I get to use it even more!
It should be arriving tomorrow. Yay!

I love getting new toys to play with!

I highly recommend getting XM Radio! It’s fairly easy to set up (especially when you have a great husband do it for you ;) ) and well worth the money. The subscription fee is just under ten bucks a month. If you want more info, check out the website: http://www.xmradio.com/

Kudos to my husband for getting me such a cool, fun and useful birthday present! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cocles said...

What's also awesome, is since it's satellite radio, you can pick up all those stations from anywhere you drive in the country. :)

So you could literally listen to your favorite XM station on a drive from LA all the way to NY.

Yeehaw.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Well, just a mini update: I got the boombox and the cup-holder today!! Yippie!!
The cup holder adapter works perfectly in my car!
It took some tweeking, and I actually had to read the directions, but the boombox is working just fabulously at my desk. YAY!! :)
-Pix

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home